Monday, March 15, 2010

This weekend

One of my favorite things about clinicals is suturing. Some unexplainable feelings of joy (and empathy, of course) surface when a patient walks in with a laceration. I never considered myself a crafty person, but this sort of sewing excites me. A good husband would let me practice on him, but alas, he was nowhere to be found when I broke out my surturing tools this weekend. Kenzie's blanket substituted nicely and didn't complain once (note for future patients: the edges of this "laceration" were cut unevenly, which is why, they don't match up...not because I fell off track during suturing).
High surf warning this weekend. Someday when I learn how to surf that may mean something to me. As of right now, you could not pay me enough to get in waters that look like this: white=tempestuous=dangerous (beautiful though).
Beach-bummin' it at Temple Beach. Sometimes we forget we are not Polynesian and fail to lather frequently with sunscreen. First stop after the beach this weekend...to the store for some soothing aloe to numb the pain.

2 comments:

Becka said...

Wow, nice sewing work. I wish I had that skill. Mostly for fabric...not people, but I'm sure it would come in handy with our little boy. Can we trade houses for a couple of days? I miss the beach.

Mrs. Allens Class said...

mom would be proud of your sewing skills. I love kenz and miss her soooooo much! thanks for the pics.